Saturday, December 1, 2007

#9 Locate a few useful Library related blogs and /or news feeds

http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs

I actually did this weeks ago but hadn't blogged it so I had to revisit it. In truth, I prefer adding rss feeds directly from specific publications etc for specific things like books reviews rather than use the search tools as I found them on the whole clumsy. I could not access Feedster today so looked at Syndic8 which I thought was easy to use, though not very pretty! It had a comment bit so discussions were going on - a chance to put your tuppence worth in - which is a plus really as it gets the brain working. It also had a new feed section and I found Marin County Free Library there and had a look at that. I looked at Topix which is for news I thought was the easiest to access. I put in Emma Agnew and got 2,217 hits which was brilliant really (heavens knows what I'd get if I put in Madelaine McCann). I remain unimpressed with Technorati which I think is cumbersome to use.

No comments: